Dexis is one of the most widely used imaging software across the globe and we are very excited to announce that Dentistry.AI integrates seamlessly with DEXIS now. We have worked intensively to improve the quality of images and now you can read .DEX images with much higher ease and accuracy while using Dentistry.AI.
If you are a Dexis user, follow these steps to integrate Dentistry.AI with Dexis.
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD DENTISTRY.AI APPLICATION
- To download and set up Dentistry.AI application on your Desktop, you can follow “The Step-by-Step Installation Guide of Dentistry.AI”.
STEP 2: OPENING DENTISTRY.AI APPLICATION
- Once you download the Dentistry.AI application, the Dentistry.AI icon will appear on your Desktop window. If you haven’t downloaded the application yet, you can go back and follow STEP 1 to install the application in four easy steps.
- Double click on the Dentistry.AI icon present on your Desktop to open the application.
If the application is already running, you will find it at the bottom right corner of your desktop. Click on ‘^‘ icon located on the taskbar. Here, you will find the Dentistry.AI icon, click on it.
- Once the application window opens, you’ll be prompted to sign in, use your credentials to sign in to the application.
STEP 3 – KNOW WHERE DEXIS IS STORING THE X-RAY IMAGES AND DATA
- When you install Dexis, you are asked to input the path where Dexis will store the data on your system. By default, the path will look like “C:\Dexis\Data” for a non-networked computer.
- NOTE: Typically, this will be C:\DEXIS\Data for a non-networked computer. On a network, this will be X:\DEXIS\Data (or \DEXIS\Data on any other drive) on the client workstations.
- On a networked computer, you will find Dexis storage under ‘Network Locations’ on your computer as shown below.
Please take a note of this path, you will require it while setting up Dentistry.AI application.
STEP 4: INTEGRATING DEXIS IMAGE PATH IN DENTISTRY.AI APPLICATION
- Now that you have the image path where Dexis data is stored, all you need to do is provide the same path in Dentistry.AI application.
- Once you successfully log in, you will be directed to the ‘Settings’ window where you need to input the ‘Image Path’.
(If the application is already running on your computer, click on “Settings” on the top right corner to open the ‘Settings’ window and input the ‘Image Path’).
Once you have provided the correct Image Path, Dentistry.AI will automatically pick and analyze the x-rays as soon as they are taken.
- Your Dentistry.AI application is now ready and looks like below. Click on ‘Run in background’.
The application will run in background and will automatically pick and analyze the x-rays as soon as they are taken.
STEP 5: ANALYSIS OF X-RAY WITH DENTISTRY.AI
- Whenever you take a new x-ray, you will see a small pop-up from Dentistry.AI prompting you to open and analyze the x-ray. Click on the pop-up.
- As soon as you click on the pop-up, Dentistry.AI workshop will open in your web browser. You will be prompted for a one-time login.
Once you log in, the same x-ray will open with Dentistry.AI analysis. Dentistry.AI will highlight all the regions on x-ray that might have potential carious lesions.
- You can click on ‘All Records’ button to go back and see all patient records.
STEP 6: LET DENTISTRY.AI HELP YOU WITH YOUR WORK
You are now ready to use Dentistry.AI in your everyday practice to make fast and accurate diagnosis of caries. It will not only save your time but will also help you to gain trust of your patient.
In case you need any help or have any query, drop us a mail at [email protected].